Step 11. Share what you foundEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Ask family members what they are currently doing in family history work and find out if you can do anything to help them.
Also offer to give them copies of our work.
Share information in the following ways:
• Take or send our ancestral names to the temple nearest to you and do the ordinance work for them.
Their names will appear on the Ordinance index and IGI after the work has been done.
• Enter your information into a computer using PAF or another genealogical software and download it onto diskettes
and give them to people.
• Print out our paper forms and give a copy to family members and other people who have helped you.
• Upload the information onto the Internet so people can access it there.
The Internet (World Wide Web) has web sites where you can donate your work.
If you don’t find one, you could make a web site yourself, if you are able.
• Donate a copy of your paper forms or written family histories to:
The Family History Library at 35 North West Temple, Salt Lake City, Utah 84150.
• Use the files you made on the computer to donate the information to the Pedigree Resource File.
Ask yourfamily history consultant to help you.
If they can't help you, call FamilySearch Software Support in Salt Lake City and ask them to help you.
Phone 1-800-453-3860 extension 22584.