Step 6. Organize your papersEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
1. Gather your papers together so you can find what you need and keep things from getting lost.
2. Put your Ancestor (Pedigree) charts, To Do Lists, and Results lists in one pile and your family charts in another pile.
3. Put your sheets in alphabetical order by name.
4. Put the papers about each family behind their family chart.
• Put a person’s papers from before they are married behind their parents’ family chart.
• After a person is married, put their papers behind the family chart where they appear as the husband and wife.
• Keep your pedigree charts in one folder and your To Do lists and Results Lists in another.
• You then can put the Pedigree Chart and associated papers for each family in a folder in alphabetical order by name.
• The more papers we get, the bigger the container we would need.
• We then store them in a safe place.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More