Step 6. Organize your papersEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Pacific Island Guide > Step 6. Organize your papers and keep them safe
1. Gather your papers together so you can find what you need and keep things from getting lost.
2. Put your Ancestor (Pedigree) charts, To Do Lists, and
and your family charts (Family Group Records) in another pile.
3. Put your Family Group Records in alphabetical order by name.
4. Put the papers about each family behind their family chart.
• Put a person’s papers from before they are married behind their parents’ family chart.
• After a person is married, put their papers behind the family chart where they appear as the husband and wife.
• Keep your pedigree charts in one folder and your To Do lists and Results Lists in another.
• You then can put the Pedigree Chart and associated papers for each family in a folder in alphabetical order by name.
• The more papers you get, the bigger the container you will need.
• Store them in a safe place.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback