Stephens County, Georgia GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:16, 11 April 2011 by DiltsGD
|This Georgia-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Georgia > Stephens County
Early migration routes to and from Stephens County for European settlers included:
- Savannah River pre-historic
- Old Cherokee Path pre-historic
- Lower Cherokee Traders' Path pre-historic
- Coosa-Tualoo Indian Warpath
- Tugaloo-Apalachie Bay Trail
- Augusta and Cherokee Trail 1740s
- Old South Carolina State Road 1747
- Charleston-Ft. Charlotte Trail about 1765
- Fort Charlotte and Cherokee Old Path about 1777
- Upper Road about 1783
- Unicoi Trail or Turnpike 1813
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Stephens County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 847-61. (FHL Book 973 D27e 2002) WorldCat entry., and William E. Myer, Indian Trails of the Southeast. (Nashville, Tenn.: Blue and Gray Press, 1971), 12-14, and the book's pocket map "The Trail System of the Southeastern United States in the early Colonial Period" (1923). (FHL Book 970.1 M992i) WorldCat entry.
- ↑ William E. Myer, Indian Trails of the Southeast. (Nashville, Tenn.: Blue and Gray Press, 1971). (FHL Book 970.1 M992i) WorldCat entry.