Sterling, VermontEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Sterling is an extinct town in Lamoille County, Vermont first settled in the late 1700s, and incorporated in 1805. With two ranges of hills the town was divided into three parts. Its population peaked prior to annexation at 233. In 1828 most of the town west of the main range (Smugglers Notch and Morses Mill) was annexed to Cambridge, Vermont. Nearly equal sized parts of the remainder were divided in 1855 into three neighboring towns: (1) Daniel's Notch and Caper Hill went north to Johnson, Vermont, (2) the central White Face Mountain, White Rocks, and Beaver Meadow Valley was annexed to Morristown, Vermont, and (3) Spruce Peak, and the upper Sterling Brook Valley where most people lived went to Mansfield, Vermont which is now part of Stowe, Vermont.  
Records. Sterling town records were combined with those of Morristown, Vermont and are preserved at the Town Hall in Morrisville, Vermont. A microfilm copy of Morristown town records is available from the Family History Libray on 13 films starting with 2195404.