Steuben County, IndianaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Indiana-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Civil War service men from Steuben County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Steuben County.
- 1st Regiment, Indiana Heavy Artillery, Company A
- 7th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Companies D, and K
- 9th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company E
- 12th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Companies B, and C,
- 29th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company A
- 44th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies A, G, and K
- 74th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company H
- 100th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies B, and C
- 129th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies A, H, and I
- 152nd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K
- 155th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company F
- 4th Regiment, Michigan Infantry (1st organization), Company E
- 42nd Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Company I
CIVIL WAR BOOK
- Carpenter, Jesse H. 1889. The war for the Union, 1861-1865 a record of its defenders, living and dead, from Steuben County, Indiana, and history of veteran organizations and kindred associations. (S.l: s.n.]. ), (Regiment, Companies, Name's; Roll Of Honor, page 42- 48)FHL US/CAN Film 547227 Item 6 FHL Collection other libraries INTERNET ARCHIVE Allen County Library
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Steuben County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)