Stevens County, Minnesota GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Minnesota-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
1862--Stevens County was created 20 February 1862 from Pierce (Eliminated 20 Feb 1862) County and unorganized territory.
County seat: Morris 
- For a brief history of how Stevens County was named, click here, then select Stevens County.
- Morris Sun Tribune ( July 2000-Current; Weekly, Semi-Weekly)
- Morris Tribune ( 1880-June 2000; Weekly)
- The Morris Sun ( January 1895-June 2000; Weekly)
- The Sun ( October 1882-January 1895; Weekly)
- The Hancock Record ( September 1982-Current; Weekly)
- The Hancock Record and Cyrus Dispatch ( November 1978-August 1982; Weekly)
- Hancock Record ( February 1899-October 1978; Weekly)
- The Morris Times ( June 1900-January 1906; Weekly)
- The Republican Times (September 1898 [?]-May 1900 [?]; Weekly)
- The Chokio Review ( 1913 [?]- Current; Weekly)
- The Chokio Times ( February 1897-September 1898; Weekly)
- The Morris Journal ( August 1882-1883 [?]; Weekly)
- Stevens County Tribune ( June 1877 [?]- April 1880 [?]; Weekly)
- Frontier Business ( August 1876-September 1876 [?]; Weekly)
- The Donnelly Star ( 1915 [?]-August 1918 [?]; Weekly)
- Stevens County Review ( 1900 [?]- After March 1904 [?]; Weekly)
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Stevens County, MN Genealogy Forum (GenForum)
- Family History Library Catalog
- Stevens County Historical Society
A wiki article describing an online collection is found at:
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Minnesota Historical Society Library Catalogue: Stevens County Newspapers. http://mnhs.mnpals.net/F/EPR3BN3GQDS2N8QYT7LATNLQYYAQAQ7RYS84XN6H67KNCYVFT3-63997?func=find-acc&acc_sequence=082018474 (accessed November 7, 2011).