Sweden, Örebro Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Sweden, Örebro Church Records, 1613-1918; index 1635-1860 .
Title in the Language of the Records
Sverige, Orebro Kyrkoböcker Register
The collection consists of church records from the county of Örebro. It contains indexes to births, marriages, and deaths along with images of:
- Clerical surveys
- Registers of birth, marriage, and death
- Mmove-in and move-out lists
- Church accounts
The records are handwritten in narrative style. They cover the years 1613 to 1918; index 1635 to 1860.
For a list of records by parishes published in this collection, select the Browse.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- Parishes in Örebro. Sweden, Örebro Church Records. Landsarkivet I Uppsala, Sweden.
A coverage table for Örebro is available in the wiki article FamilySearch Digital Image Collection for Örebro, Sweden
The coverage table lists all the parishes in Örebro along with the following:
- Associated digital genealogical society (DGS) numbers
- Name of parish
- Swedish archival letter code by the record type
- Volume and Years
- Remarks from the national archives that offers some detail into the content of the record. These remarks are in Swedish, but most of the words are key genealogical terms.
The columns can be sorted by clicking on the box by the title of each column. Place lists can be found on the actual parish pages.
Tips about the Coverage Table
- Most of the microfilming done by the Genealogical Society of Utah in Sweden took place in the 1950s. Since that time some volumes have been renumbered or reclassified by the archives. As a result, the information you may see on the microfilming titleboard may not exactly match the description in the table below.
- Some collections have had records added to them since they were microfilmed. Because of this, the description in the Volume and Year and Remarks columns may indicate that records are available beyond the time when they were filmed. In these cases you should contact the national or regional archive to determine what is accessible.
Record History, Content and Use
For details about the contents of these records, their history, and help using them see the following wiki articles:
- Sweden Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Sweden Church Records, 1308 – 1940 Images Published on FamilySearch
- Swedish Church Records
Known Issues with This Collection
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached Wiki article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
- Genealogy Research in Sweden
- Genline: Swedish Genealogy Online
- Arkiv Digital: Swedish Church Records Online (in color)
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation Example for a Record Found in This Collection
"Sweden Örebro Church Records, 1541-1860." database and digital images, (https://familysearch.org: accessed 7 April 2011). Kerstin Hankasddr, 23 October 1757; citing Church Records, FHL microfilm 149,076; National Archives of Sweden, Riksarkivet, Sweden.