Sweden, Gävleborg Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Sweden, Gävleborg Church Records, 1616-1908; index 1671-1860 .
Title in the Language of the Records
Sverige, Gävleborg, Kyrkoböcker Register
The collection consists of church records from the county of Gävleborg. It contains the following types of records:
- Clerical surveys
- Registers of birth, marriage, and death
- Indexes to births, marriages, and deaths
- Move-in and move-out lists
- Church accounts
The records are handwritten in narrative style. They cover the years 1616 to 1908; index 1671 to 1860.
To search the collection image by image select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page
⇒Select the appropriate "Socken"
⇒Select the appropriate "Signum"
⇒Select the appropriate "Volum och ar" which takes you to the images.
For a list of records by parishes published in this collection, select the Browselink from the collection landing page.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- "Sweden, Gavleborg Church Records, 1616-1908; index 1671-1860." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013. Citing Landsarkivet i Härnösand.
Record History, Content and Use
For details about the contents of these records, their history, and help using them see the following wiki articles:
- Sweden Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Sweden Church Records, 1308 – 1940 Images Published on FamilySearch
- Swedish Church Records
Known Issues with This Collection
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached Wiki article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to email@example.com. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
- Genealogy Research in Sweden
- Genline : Swedish Genealogy Online
- Arkiv Digital: Swedish Church Records Online (in color)
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation Example for a Record Found in This Collection
- Sweden, Gavleborg Church Records, 1616-1908; index 1671-1860," digital images, FamilySearch (https//familysearch.org: accessed 14 march, 2012), > Farila forsamling > C Fodelse- och dopbocker > 3, 1779-1861 image 202 of 295 images, entry #28 Baptism of Olof 1 Juni 1840 son o Olor Larsson Lindstrom och H Karin Olsdotter i Fone. From the National Archives of Sweden, Riksarkivet SVAR. FHL microfilm, 666 reels. Author Svenska kyrkan. Film #130131 Farila socken film. Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.