Sweden, Jönköping Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Sweden, Jönköping Church Records, 1581-1935; index 1633-1860 .
Title in Swedish
Sverige, Jönköping Kyrkoböcker
The collection consists of church records from the county of Jönköping. It contains the following types of records:
- Clerical surveys
- Registers of birth, marriage, and death
- Indexes to births, marriages, and deaths
- Move-in and move-out lists
- Church accounts
The records are handwritten in narrative style. They cover the years 1581 to 1935; index 1633 to 1860.
For a list of records by parishes published in this collection, select the Browse.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- Church parishes. Sweden, Jönköping Church Records. National Archives of Sweden, Marieberg, Stockholm.
Record History, Content and Use
For details about the contents of these records, their history, and help using them see the following wiki articles:
- Sweden Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Sweden Church Records, 1308 – 1940 Images Published on FamilySearch
- Swedish Church Records
Known Issues with This Collection
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached Wiki article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation Example for a Record Found in This Collection
- “Sweden Jonkoping Church Records, 1581--1928; index 1633-1860,” digital images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org: accessed 21 March 2012), > Dannas forsamling > C Fodelse- och doplocken > 3, citing image 100 of 145 images 1788-1859 entry for Maria, born Janurary 31, 1840 of Fadr Sven Eriksson Modr Hustru Britta Magnidt; FHL microfilm 135445; Kyrkobocker, 1679-1894 Svenska kyrkan. Dannas socken. fodde 1728-1859 v Cl:1-3. Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback