Sweden, Norrbotten Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Sweden, Norrbotten Church Records, 1612-1923; index 1658-1860 .
Title in the Language of the Records
Sverige, Norrbotten Kyrkoböcker Register
The collection consists of church records from the county of Norrbotten. It contains indexes to births, marriages, and deaths along with images of:
- Clerical surveys
- Registers of birth, marriage, and death
- Move-in and move-out lists
- Church accounts
The records are handwritten in narrative style. They cover the years 1612 to 1923; index 1658 to 1860.
For a list of records by parishes published in this collection, select the Browse.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- Church parishes. Sweden, Norrbotten Church Records. National Archives of Sweden, Marieberg, Stockholm.
Record History, Content and Use
For details about the contents of these records, their history, and help using them see the following wiki articles:
- Sweden Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Sweden Church Records, 1308 – 1940 Images Published on FamilySearch
- Swedish Church Records
Known Issues with This Collection
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached Wiki article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
- Genealogy Research in Sweden
- Genline : Swedish Genealogy Online
- Arkiv Digital: Swedish Church Records Online (in color)
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation Example for a Record Found in This Collection
- "Sweden, Norrbotten Church Records, 1612-1923; index 1658-1860" digital images, FamilySearch (http://familysearch.org: accessed March 28, 2012), > Karl Gustavs forsamling > CFodelse- och dopbocker > 2, 1825-1861. Lev. 79/1951 1825-1861 1/3 > image 143 of 181 images, Entry of Margaretha Sophia, born December 15, 1855; citing Kyrkobocker, 1762-195, Svenska Kyrkan. Karl Gustav socken (Norrbotten) Fodde 1825-1861 C:2 FHL INTL Film #148086. Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah