Sweden, Västmanland Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Sweden, Västmanland Church Records, 1538-1901; index 1622-1860 .
Title in the Language of the Records
Sverige, Västmanland Kyrkoböcker Register
The collection consists of church records from the county of Västmanland. It contains indexes to births, marriages, and deaths along with images of:
- Clerical surveys
- Registers of birth, marriage, and death
- Mmove-in and move-out lists
- Church accounts
The records are handwritten in narrative style. They cover the years 1538 to 1901; index 1622 to 1860.
For a list of records by parishes published in this collection, select the Browse.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- "Sweden, Vastmanland Church Records, 1538-1901; index 1622-1860." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013. Citing Landsarkivet i Uppsala.
Record History, Content and Use
For details about the contents of these records, their history, and help using them see the following wiki articles:
- Sweden Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Sweden Church Records, 1308 – 1940 Images Published on FamilySearch
- Swedish Church Records
Known Issues with This Collection
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached Wiki article. If you encounter additional prblems, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
- Genealogy Research in Sweden
- Genline : Swedish Genealogy Online
- Arkiv Digital: Swedish Church Records Online (in color)
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation Example for a Record Found in This Collection
- "Sweden, Västmanland Church Records, 1538-1901; index, 1622-1860," digital images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org: accessed 14 March 2012), > Sura församling > B I a Flyttningslängder > 1, 1746-1784. Innehåller även dopbok, vigselbok och dödbok 1745-1774 > Image 22 of 84 images, p. 32, Brita, ar 1756. "Sweden, Västmanland Church Records, 1538-1901; index 1622-1860," FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org); from the National Archives of Sweden, Riksarkivet SVAR. FHL microfilm, 637 reels. Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News