Swedish Church Accounts Record (Kyrkräkenskaper)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Back to Sweden Portal Page►
Kykräkenskaper are the financial records of a parish. They provide an accounting of the income and the expenses. These records were often included with the earliest church book of a parish. Later the kyrkräkenskaper became a separate book of its own. The records were usually organized according to purpose such as:
- Fattigvårdsräkenskaper (financial records of the poor house)
- Skolräkenskaper (financial records of the school)
- Vinsädesräkenskaper (a portion of the tithing used for buying the communion wine)
- Lasarettsräkenskaper (financial records of the hospital)
- Kollekträkenskaper (record of collections)
Räkenskap records are known for being well preserved and are often the earliest record type for a parish. There are kyrkräkenskap records dating back to medieval times. Among the “income to the parish” you can find donated gifts such as:
- Donated funds from a last will and testament
- Donations for a “service” such as the ringing of the bells for a funeral, or the digging of a grave
- A donation for the rental of the bridal crown
- When the birth and christening records don’t exist for a parish, check the räkenskaper to see if any fees were paid at the time of a christening.
- When the engagement and marriage records don’t exist for a parish, check the räkenskaper to see if any fees were paid at the time of a wedding.
- When the death and burial records don’t exist for a parish, check the räkenskaper to see if any fees were paid at the time of burial.
Clemensson, Per and Andersson, Kjell. Släktforska steg för steg. Falköping, Natur och Kultur/Fakta, 2005
Wikipedia Community. Födselbok. Wiki-Rötter, February, 2011 See http://www.genealogi.se/wiki/index.php/Födelsebok
Wikipedia Community. Vigselbok. Wiki-Rötter, February, 2011 See http://www.genealogi.se/wiki/index.php/Vigselbok
Wikipedia Community. Dödbok. Wiki-Rötter, February, 2011 See http://www.genealogi.se/wiki/index.php/Dödbok