Switzerland County, Indiana GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Indiana-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Civil War service men from Switzerland County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Switzerland County.
- 3rd Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Companies A, C, and K
- 6th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Compane H
- 10th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company D
- 11th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company C
- 18th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company D
- 52nd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Company D
- 83rd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company C
- 93rd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies C and D
- 139th Regiment, Indiana Infantry (100 days, 1864), Company K
- 140th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies B, E, and I
- 146th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company E
- 156th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company B
- 28th US Colored Troops, Addition Recruits for Colored Troops
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Switzerland County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).