Tacoma Washington Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
Address: 5915 S 12th St Tacoma, WA 98466
- Family History Center is located in the Tacoma Stake Center at the corner of 12th and Pearl St.
- Family History Center entrance is on the south side of the building facing 12th St
- Entrance marked by a small sign "Family History Center" near the steps.
- Monday Closed
- Tuesday, Wednesday,Thursday 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Friday, Saturday 9:00 am -5:00 pm.
Call in case of inclement weather
- Closed Major Holidays
- Closed Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend
- Closed the first Saturday in April and October
- Closed Thanksgiving weekend
- Closed the last two weeks of December
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Polk City Directories for Tacoma, Washington Dating from 1912 thru 1994, Tacoma Suburban Directories for years 1968 thru 1994, City of Puyallup, Washington for years 1947 thru 1985. and various Directories for surrounding areas and cities. Not all years available.
- Large extensive book collection by states, regions, and countries.
- Family Histories.
- Large collection of Microfilm and Microfiche available. Check for available items through the Family History Library Catalog to see if it is at the Tacoma Family History Center.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
We would like volunteers that would like to help the book committee. We need people to enter data, repair books, bind books, and assist in the overall preservation of our collections.