Talk:Genealogy Help on FacebookEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|WikiProject Social Media||(Rated A-Class, Top-importance)|
Where would you like to see a research community group started?
- Philippines. I'm willing to be one of the admins. ordinariofd
- Luxembourg. I'm willing to admin. Osullivangenealogy 18:30, 9 August 2012 (UTC)
- Leyte, Philippines. I'll volunteer to be the admin =) Kyungmi11 07:46, 10 June 2012 (UTC)
- Fiji. I'd be willing to be an admin. Cieart 22:44, 20 May 2012 (UTC)
- Surname-based research communities. I would be willing to be the moderator for the Culbert surname.Jhculbert
- South America (the missing countries)
- San Bernardo, Chile
- Philadelphia, PA.
- Eu adoraria ver um grupo de investigação iniciados para o Brasil!!Obrigada.
- Germany, Austria and East Prussia firstname.lastname@example.org
- southeastern Pennsylvania email@example.com
- It should be broken down by county, much like GenWeb. I would think there are many small Genealogy Groups who would help with State and County research. Cat1minder
- Falta España-Europa y toda Latinoamérica también ! (Marinalopezmartinez) (Arturo Cuellar Gonzalez)
- Would like to see a Quebec research page, I currently admin Quebec-research @ Rootsweb.com and several other Facebook,rootsweb,ancestry,yahoogroups pages....Formally admined a Long Island,NY branch fhc...
- Dutch/Jewish research group
- Perhaps some of the largest cities in the USA could have their own groups to cover their metropolitan areas -- Chicago, for instance.
- Eastern France (On Swiss boarder)
- Nova Scotia
- I am trying to do research for Ecuador. Any Suggestions would be great.
- Ontario, Canada. I'd be willing to be an admin. Debdunn
- former Russian Empire / ex USSR - from Koenigsberg and Kiev to Vladivostok Harbin and Shanghai. I have time and energy to run the group firstname.lastname@example.org Rusgenproject 21:25, 1 November 2011 (UTC)
- São Paulo, Brazil.
- Andaluzia, Spain.
- Salerno, Italy.
- Cornwall, United Kingdom --- it is not Enlgand.
- Philippines. ---
- Philippines, namely Camarines Sur province MTSLO
- Germans from Volhynia (formerly part of Poland & Russia - Now Ukraine)
We need your help to create additional groups!
- If you would like to see a community created for a specific area you are researching, consider being an admin for that location. We are looking for multiple admins for each area, so you don't have to do it alone! The admin responsibilities revolve around three areas:
- Interacting with those who post on the page by commenting and answering questions posted, encouraging others to answer questions, and showing gratitude for resources shared
- Sharing news and information about how to do genealogy research in this area, information about genealogy events, and great resources available for this area.
- Partnering with local organizations such as libraries, archives, and societies, to invite them to share their news and events on the page
- See the Facebook and Skype Community Administrators page for more details and instructions on how to request to become an admin.
Facebook Blocked in Some Family History Centers
Some time ago I switched all the links on the page here to start with https instead of http. I just noticed that they are not that way anymore. The reason why I made them https links is because those are not blocked by most centers while the http links are blocked. There are pros and cons to both, but I thought it was worth a topic on this talk page so people would at least be aware.--McCormickMW 14:51, 3 April 2012 (UTC)
Proposal to rename page - Research Communities on Facebook
I propose that this article is renamed to become Research Communities on Facebook. --Steve 12:46, 2 May 2012 (UTC)
Layout change - 4 June 2012
I changed the layout of the list of Facebook pages from the 3-column groupings by region into a table that can be sorted. This was done following discussions with Fran via Skype to try and counter the problem people had reported to her that it was not easy to find a particular Facebook page from the list. --Steve 18:28, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks Steve! So far the new design has received all positive comments. I believe this layout and design will solve the issues and concerns that were voiced. Fran 18:03, 8 June 2012 (UTC)
because you help finding family info thank you, also hope for more help
thanking you for your help by from june marie
What about a Jewish Group?
The IAJGS Jewish Genealogy conference is scheduled in Salt Lake City Sun, July 27, 2014 – Sat, August 2, 2014. Find more information here.
I think the feasibility of starting a Jewish Genealogy or Jewish Family History Facebook research community should be considered. We've started planning for staff and missionary training and started making changes to the Wiki in preparation. See the FHL Jewish Conference Preparation Group on Yammer by clicking here.
I'm not sure about administration for the group yet. Knowledge of Hebrew would be good, but much of the research is in German and East European languages and some is in Cyrillic. Someone among the existing Yammer group members, including myself would be willing to help with the East Europe and Cyrillic challenges. Perhaps one of us could work as an interim administrator until a better choice is found. Most of us are or were associated with the FHL International Floor B1.
Please advise. Thanks.
Kurt Matthia 09:03, 27 February 2014 (UTC)