Tallahatchie County, Mississippi GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
PO Box Drawer 350;
Charleston, MS 38921
Clerk Circuit Court has marriage records from 1909.
Clerk Chancery Court has divorce and probate records from 1909 land records from 1858. 
1833--Tallahatchie County was created 23 December 1833 from the Choctaw Cession.
County seat: Charleston 
For tips on accessing Tallahatchie County, Mississippi Genealogy census records online, see: Mississippi Census.
- Civil War service men from Tallahatchie County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Tallahatchie County.
- - 1st Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company D - Tillatoba Grays
- - 2nd Regiment, Mississippi Partisans [Also known as 2nd Partisan Rangers Cavalry/Ballentine’s]
- Company I - Eskridge’s Company
- - 32nd Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company F - Southern Farmers
- - 11th Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Tallahatchie Guards Independent Cavalry
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Tallahatchie County, Mississippi page 383, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.