Tampa Florida Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Tampa Family History Center is a facility of the Tampa Stake of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We service the Tampa and surrounding area. All are welcome.
Location & Map:
Address: 7851 Lutz Lake Fern Road, Odessa, Florida 33556
- The entrance is through the double doors at the back of the church building.
- Location on Map
Directors: Bill and Helen Houssian, 813-649-8003
Tuesday: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Wednesday: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Thursday: 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm Saturday: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Holiday Schedule: Observe all legal holidays
- Family History Library Catalog: The center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Online Microfilm Ordering is implemented, and films may be ordered on the internet at www.familysearch.org/films.
- Over 10,600 microfilm in the Center.
- Family Histories catalogued by card catalog.
- 1500 genealogy-related books catalogued by card catalog.
- Millions of records recorded on microfiche.
- FHC Portal: The center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Six microfilm readers including a digital imaging system to copy microfilm images to paper or flashdrive. Microfiche reader and four computers for public access to FamilySearch and New Family Search.
Staff Research Specialties
b. New Family Search, Georgia, Tennessee, US records, Roots Magic synchronization with New Family Search.
c. Mid-west, Mo, Ky Oh, etc., New England
d. NYC, Germany, helping beginning patrons
e. Systems, Caribbean, Latin, Europe, UK—no Ireland, Family history correspondence, organizational systems and skills, DNA
f. Family Search
h. Sicily, Tampa, Italy