Tehama County, California GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Tehama County California genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Tehama County, California|
Location of California in the U.S.
|Founded||April 9, 1856|
|County Seat||Red Bluff|
|Address|| Tehama County Courthouse|
633 Washington Street
Red Bluff, CA 96080
Tehama County Website
County Clerk has birth and death records from 1889
marriage records from 1856 and military records from 1944
Red Bluff Cemetery District
735 Cemetery Lane, Red Bluff, California
7772 Woodlawn Ave.
Corning Cemetery District
4470 Oren Ave.
3900 County Road P.
Church History and Records
LDS Ward and Branch Records
For tips on accessing Tehama County, California Genealogy census records online, see: California Census.
Crime and Criminals
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
- California Trail 1846 to 1869 from western Missouri to northern California
- The Lassen Cutoff 1848 was established by gold rushers from Oregon going to California. It branched off the Applegate Trail at Davis Creek, went through Devil's Garden to the Pit River passing east of Mt. Lassen, and turning west to Lassen Rancho, California, and from there to Sacramento. In some years as much as 1/3 of emigrants mistakenly took the Applegate Trail-Lassen Cutoff, a much longer and more difficult trail than the Truckee or Carson routes.
- Nobles Road 1851 from the Applegate Trail at Rabbithole Springs in the Black Rock Desert of Nevada to Shasta City, California
Military History and Records
Naturalization and Citizenship
Archives, Libraries and Museums
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Corning California Family History Center
- Red Bluff California Family History Center
- Tehama County CAGenWeb
- USGenWeb Archives
- USGenWeb Archives backup site
- FamilySearch Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Tehama County, California. Page 87At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ National Park Service, "California Trail" (map) in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/upload/CALImap1-web.pdf (accessed 5 August 2011).
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, "California Trail" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Trail (accessed 5 August 2012).