Texas, Gonzalez de la Garza Genealogy Collection (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Texas, Gonzalez de la Garza Genealogy Collection .
Collection Time Period
The collection includes information from the 1800s and 1900s.
Genealogical card file of approximately 270,000 cards compiled by Rodolfo Gonzalez de la Garza representing thousands of families of Southern Texas and Northern Mexico. The card file is an index of families by surname, which includes basic information extracted from his books. The records are in Spanish and the cards contain numerous abbreviations. The card file is in the Laredo Public Library.
Each card contains different information. They may contain any of the following:
- Birth, marriage, or death dates
How to Use the Record
This collection is considered a secondary source, but the information on the cards can lead you to other primary records. Compare the information on the cards to what you already know to make sure that you have the correct family.
- Add any new information to existing records about your family.
- Use the names, dates, and places as the basis for family groups or to build a family pedigree.
- Use the dates along with places or residences to help you locate the family in other records such as census, church, and land records.
Rodolfo Gonzalez de la Garza collected genealogical data on hundreds of families in Northern Mexico and Texas.
Why this Record Was Created
The card index was created to provide a rapid access to the information in the Gonzalez de la Garza collection.
The information is generally reliable.
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
When you copy information from a record, you should also list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for citing FamilySearch Historical Collections, including how to cite individual archives is found in the following link: How to Cite FamilySearch Collections
Examples of Source Citations for a Record in This Collection
- United States. Bureau of the Census. 12th census, 1900, digital images, From FamilySearch Internet (https://www.familysearch.org: September 29, 2006), Arizona Territory, Maricopa, Township 1, East Gila, Salt River Base and Meridian; sheet 9B, line 71
- Mexico, Distrito Federal, Catholic Church Records, 1886-1933, digital images, from FamilySearch Internet (https://www.familysearch.org April 22, 2010), Baptism of Adolfo Fernandez Jimenez, 1 Feb. 1910, San Pedro Apóstol, Cuahimalpa, Distrito Federal, Mexico, film number 0227023
Sources of Information for This Collection
Texas. Rudolfo Gonzalez de la Garza. Texas, Gonzalez de la Garza Genealogy Collection. Laredo Public Library, Laredo.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback