Texas MapsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX 78712-7330
University of Texas at El Paso Library
Documents and Maps
El Paso, TX 79968-0582
Southern Methodist University
Central University Libraries
Dallas, TX 75275-0135
The Family History Library has several maps and the following atlases:
- Martin, James C., and Robert S. Martin. Maps of Texas and the Southwest, 1513-1900. Albuquerque, New Mexico: University of New Mexico Press, 1984. FHL Collection Q 976.4 E7m. This includes histories of the area and of the maps.
- Pool, William C. A Historical Atlas of Texas. Austin, Texas: Encino Press, 1975. FHL Collection 976.4 E3p. This includes maps of Texas during the frontier era, Indian territories, and travel routes.
- Texas State Library and Archives
- Texas General Land Office, Archives and Records, map collection -- and Instructions
- Printable maps are also available from the National Atlas of the United States