Thibodaux, LouisianaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Thibodaux is a small city in and the parish seat of Lafourche Parish, Louisiana.
The community was settled in the 18th century. It was incorporated as a town in 1838 under the name Thibodauxville, in honor of local plantation owner Henry Schuyler Thibodaux, who provided land for the village and served as acting governor of Louisiana in 1824. The name was changed to Thibodeaux in 1838, and the current spelling Thibodaux was officially adopted in 1918.