Tipton County, IndianaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Marvin W. Pershing , Tipton County, Indiana history, 1914 Facsim. of History of Tipton County, Indiana : her people, industries and institutions --Indianapolis, Indiana : B. F. Bowen & Co., 1914,( Kokomo, Indiana : Selby Publishing & Printing, c1985) 977.255 H2p v.1&v.2 FHL Collection Other Libary
- Blanchard, Charles. 2010. Counties of Howard and Tipton, Indiana: historical and biographical. (Salem, Mass: Higginson Book Co.) 977.2 H2bL FHL US/CAN Book FHL Collection other libraries FamilySearch Books Online INTERNET ARCHIVE
- History of Tipton County, Indiana - Linkpendium
- A cemetery index of Tipton County can be found at http://tiptongenealogy.blogspot.com/. The index was compiled from 1978-1980, so any burials after that are not listed.
For tips on accessing Tipton County, Indiana census records online, see: Indiana Census.
- Index to Defective, Dependent & Delinquent Census for Tipton County, Indiana (1880) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Directory of Businesses in Tipton County, Indiana (1868) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Pershing, M. W. History of Tipton County, Indiana, 1914. ( [Kokomo, Ind.] (3405 Zartman Rd., Kokomo 46902): Selby Pub. & Print, 1985.), 977.255 H2p FHL Collection other libraries Google books
- Biographical and Genealogical History of Cass, Miami, Howard and Tipton Counties, Indiana. (La Crosse WI: Brookhaven Press, 2003.) other library Hathi Trust Digital Library
- Maps and Gazetteers - Linkpendium
- A marriage index of Tipton County can be found at http://tiptongenealogy.blogspot.com/. The index contains marriages from 1844 - 1930.
- See Military Records and Histories - Linkpendium
Civil War service men from Tipton County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Tipton County.
- 1st Regiment, Indiana Heavy Artillery, Company L
- 8th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Companies G, L, and M
- 11th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Company F
- 26th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company C
- 47th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K
- 75th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company B
- 101st Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company C
- 132nd Regiment, Indiana Infantry (100 days, 1864), Company F
- 140th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company G
- 148th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company F
- 153rd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K
- A list of Civil War soldiers buried in Tipton County can be found at http://www.tiptonpl.lib.in.us/pages/cwburied.pdf
Civil War Book
- "Military," Chaper 17 in Pershing, M. W. History of Tipton County, Indiana, 1914. ( [Kokomo, Ind.] (3405 Zartman Rd., Kokomo 46902): Selby Pub. & Print, 1985.), (page 141-165), 977.255 H2p FHL Collection other libraries
- The Tipton Daily Tribune is available online at tiptonpl.newspaperarchive.com. It is has all available issues through 1971.
- A collection of over 400 images of Tipton County can be found at http://www.flickr.com/photos/tiptongenealogy. The originals are archived at the Tipton County Public Library.
- Directory of Teachers for Tipton County (1936) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Alumni of Tipton High School (1876-1907) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- A full index of Cemetery, Marriage, and Obituary records can be found online at the Tipton County Public Library webpage.
- Indiana State Digital Achives for Death, E-Publication, Instiution, Military, Misc Historical, Naturalization Records can be searched by person name (accessed 26 May 2011)
- Indiana Marriages, 1802-1892 - Ancestry.con $
- Indiana Marriages, 1780-1992 - FamilySearch
- Indiana Marriage, 1811-1959 - FamilySearch
- Indiana, Death Index, 1882-1920 - FamilySearch
Societies and Libraries
- Tipton County Public Library contains an extensive local genealogy collection and will scan and email obituaries for free.
- Tipton County Historical Society
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- Tipton County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Tipton County Public Library Genealogy - Digitized Newspapers, Cemeteries, Marriages, Obituaries, and Pictures
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Tipton County, Indiana 217 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback