Tishomingo County, MississippiEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 02:44, 28 November 2010 by WHITTAKERKR
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
1836--Tishomingo County was created 9 February 1836 from the Chickasaw Cession. County seat: Iuka 
- Colbert County, Alabama
- Franklin County, Alabama
- Hardin County, Tennessee
- Lauderdale County, Alabama
- Civil War service men from Bolivar County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Bolivar County.
- - 1st Regiment, Mississippi Infantry (Johnston's)
- Company H - James Creek Volunteers
- - 2nd Regiment, Mississippi Partisans [Also known as 2nd Partisan Rangers Cavalry/Ballentine’s]
- Company F - Reason’s Company
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback