Tishomingo County, Mississippi GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
1836--Tishomingo County was created 9 February 1836 from the Chickasaw Cession.
County seat: Iuka 
- Colbert County, Alabama
- Franklin County, Alabama
- Hardin County, Tennessee
- Lauderdale County, Alabama
For tips on accessing Tishomingo County, Mississippi Genealogy census records online, see: Mississippi Census.
- Civil War service men from Tishomingo County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Tishomingo County.
- - 1st Regiment, Mississippi Infantry (Johnston's)
- Company H - James Creek Volunteers
- - 2nd Regiment, Mississippi Partisans [Also known as 2nd Partisan Rangers Cavalry/Ballentine’s]
- Company F - Reason’s Company
- - 2nd Regiment, Mississippi State Cavalry
- Company L - Lowry’s Company
- - 2nd Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company A – Tishomingo Riflemen
- Company K – Iuka Rifles
- - 6th Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company D - Carter’s Company
- - 9th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry (Old)
- Company A - Corinth Rifles [also listed as Co. C]
- - 32nd Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company A - Tishomingo Avengers, aka Tishomingo Rifles
- Company B - W.R. Nelson Guards
- Company C - Tishomingo Rebels
- Company D - Lowrey Guards, aka Lowrey Rebels
- Company E - Hatchie Tigers
- Company F - Southern Farmers
- Company G - Lowrey Invincibles
- Company H - Beauregard Rifles
- Company I - Johnston Avengers
- Company K - Buckner Boys
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).