Todd County, Minnesota GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Todd County Minnesota genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Todd County, Minnesota|
Location in the state of Minnesota
Location of Minnesota in the U.S.
|Founded||February 20, 1855|
|County Seat||Long Prairie|
|Address|| Todd County Courthouse|
215 1st Ave S
Long Prairie, MN 56347
Todd County Website
Clerk District Court has divorce records from 1880,
court records from 1874 and probate records.
County Records has birth and death records from 1870,
marriage records from 1867, land records, school census from 1914. 
- 1855--Todd County was created 20 February 1855 from Cass County. County seat: Long Prairie 
- For a brief history of Todd County's name, click here, then select Todd County.
The 1913-1914 Farmer's Directory of Todd County is included in:
- Webb Publishing Co. of St. Paul, MN. Collection of Minnesota County Atlases, #175, Roll 8. St. Paul, MN, USA: Minnesota Historical Society, 1913-1914. Digital version at Ancestry ($).
- Hendrickson, A.H., O.B. DeLaurier, and John H. Sheets. Todd County, Minnesota, Histories: Containing Reproductions of the Original Histories of Todd County Written by John H. Sheets, A. H. Hendrickson, O. B. DeLaurier. Other Articles of Interest. Long Prairie, Minn.: Todd County Bicentennial Committee, 1976. FHL Large Q Book 977.688 H2.
- Family Maps of Todd County, Minnesota Genealogy (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Todd County, Minnesota page 369, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).