Tonbridge, Kent GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Tonbridge may refer to numerous Anglican parishes in Kent.
It would be helpful if individual pages in the research wiki could be developed to reflect all places of worship within this district of Kent.
From Tonbridge St Peter and St Paul, Kent the following Anglican parishes developed:
Tonbridge St Stephen, Kent Quarry Hill Rd.
Tonbridge St Saviour, Kent Dry Hill Park
Southborough St Peter, Kent
Southborough St Thomas, Kent
Southborough Christchurch, Kent
Southborough St Matthew, Kent
Tunbridge Wells King Charles the Martyr, Kent
Tunbridge Wells Holy Trinity, Kent
Tunbridge Wells Christ Church, Kent
Tunbridge Wells St John, Kent
Tunbridge Wells St James, Kent
Tunbridge Wells, St Peter Windmill Fields (Bayhall Rd).
Tunbridge Wells, St Barnabas Stanley Rd.
Roman Catholic churches and parishes include:
Corpus Christi: Lyons Crescent. An Iron church from 1894, replaced by 1904 building. Original registers from 1894. see Church History
Tunbridge Wells, St Augustine Grosvenor Rd.
Former Indepent and Congregational (now United Reformed Church)
Tonbridge Independent: (1743). Original registers from 1752.
Tonbridge Independent: Ebenezer, Bradford St. (1898).
Congregational: Mt Pleasant, Tunbridge Wells. Built 1845-8, succeeding Mt Zion chapel of 1720.
Independent: Salem, St Johns Rd, Tunbridge Wells. Built 1866, used by Brethren 1903-34 then sold.
Congregational: Cage Green Mission Room, Shipbourne Rd. (1874-1970 demolished).
Congregational: High St. (1875).
Congregational: Bethel, Tutty's village, Tunbridge Wells. Built 1839, continued in use until 1894.
Congregational: Albion Rd, Tunbridge Wells. Built 1873, closed c.1929.
Congregational: Forest Rd, Hawkenbury, Tunbridge Wells. Built 1889.
Wesleyan: Swan Lane. (1829) later East St (1872).
Wesleyan: High Brooms Rd, Southborough. (1898).
Wesleyan: London Rd, Southborough. (1871).
Tonbridge Methodist Circuit.
Methodist: Priory St. (1868-1919 closed).
Wesleyan Vale Road, Tunbridge Wells.
Primitive Methodist: Down Lane, Tunbridge Wells. (1874-84 sold).
Primitive Methodist: Camden Rd, Tunbridge Wells. (1878).
Lady Huntingdon's Connexion Emmanuel, Mt. Ephraim, Tunbridge Wells.
Kent County Council (KCC) has a certificate centre at the Mansion House in Tunbridge Wells which holds all the completed registers for Kent since 1 July 1837 and can supply a certified copy of any Kent birth, death or marriage entry from any register within its custody or a Kent civil partnership registration from the government online database.
The Mansion House
Grove Hill Road
Kent TN1 1EP