Tooele Valley Utah Family History Center
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Line 50:||Line 50:|
7 Family History
|Line 62:||Line 62:|
==== Class Schedule ====
==== Class Schedule ====
==== <br> ====
Revision as of 22:39, 26 April 2012
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 751 North 520 East Tooele Utah 84074
- The center is in the back of the Tooele East Stake Center
- Location on Map
- Tuesday & Thursday: 10:00-4:00, 7:00-9:00
- Wednesday & Friday: 10:00-4:00
Holiday Schedule: Closed November 17- 24 Thanksgiving
Closed December 17- January 7 Christmas
Calendar and Events
Upcoming Events Family History Fair "We Are Waiting"
Saturday November 10, 2010
Tooele East Stake Center
751 North 520 East Tooele, Utah
Intermediate and Advanced
Subjects will include research, family trees and familysearch.org
Coming in June
7 StakeYM/YW Family History Fair
It will take place on Tues, Wed, and Thurs evenings from 7:00-8:40.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- This center has a small library of census records, histories, maps and genealogical reference guides.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- We also have Ancestry.com.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have 12 Lenovo ThinkCentre all in one computers. A digital film reader that prints the documents but can also save the document to a flash drive or cd and four other film readers and one microfiche.
Staff Research Specialties
There is always at least one staff member per shift that is an expert in the following areas:
new family search
Record Management Programs
Free Research Websites
We always strive to have enough staff so that each patron who comes in can have one-on-one help.
Volunteer at the Center
The center is always looking for volunteers. The shifts are 3 hours long. 10:00-1:00, 1:00-4:00 and 7:00-9:00pm. You can choose the shift. It is not necessary to be an expert in family history. A 6 week course during your shift will teach you everything you need to know to feel comfortable. It is taught by the director of the center. If you would like further information please e mail the director at firstname.lastname@example.org