Tooele Valley Utah Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 751 North 520 East Tooele Utah 84074
- The center is in the back of the Tooele East Stake Center
- Location on Map
- Tuesday & Thursday: 10:00-4:00, 7:00-9:00
- Wednesday & Friday: 10:00-4:00
Holiday Schedule: Closed November 17- 24 Thanksgiving
Closed December 17- January 7 Christmas
Calendar and Events
Upcoming Events Family History Fair "We Are Waiting"
Saturday November 10, 2010
Tooele East Stake Center
751 North 520 East Tooele, Utah
April Classes Thursday Afternoon 1:30-3:00pm
The following classes will be taught by Lynn Andersen.
April 12th Google Genealogist
April 19th Using Family Search as a Research Tool
April 26th Proven Methods for Finding Your Ancestor
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- We also have Ancestry.com.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have 12 Lenovo ThinkCentre all in one computers. A digital film reader that prints the documents but can also save the document to a flash drive or cd and four other film readers and one microfiche.
Staff Research Specialties
There is always at least one staff member per shift that is an expert in the following ares:
new family search
Record Management Programs
Free Research Websites
We always strive to have enough staff so that each patron who comes in can have one-on-one help.
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
The center is always looking for volunteers. The shifts are 3 hours long. 10:00-1:00, 1:00-4:00 and 7:00-9:00pm. You can choose the shift. It is not necessary to be an expert in family history. A 6 week course during your shift will teach you everything you need to know to feel comfortable. It is taught by the director of the center. If you would like further information please e mail the director at firstname.lastname@example.org