Torshov, NorwayEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Images of the marriage banns are online at Digitalarkivet.
History of the parish
In 1929 the part of Sagene parish that was east of the Aker river was taken and called Torshov parish. The boundaries of the new parish followed Aker river on the west, Torshovgata on the south and the city limits.
The area between Torshovgata, Aker river and Bentsebrugata was taken from Torshov and added to Paulus parish in 1938, but the population should really belong to Lilleborg parish.
A new boundary with Grefsen parish was make in 1958.