Towner County, North Dakota GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Towner County, North Dakota genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Towner County, North Dakota|
Location in the state of North Dakota
Location of North Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||March 8, 1883|
|Address|| Towner County Courthouse|
315 2nd Street
PO Box 517
Cando, ND 58324-0517
Towner County Website
Clerk District Court has marriage records from 1888,
divorce records from 1890, probate records from 1886,
court records from 1889, land records from 1884 and
Vital Records consist of births, adoptions, marriages, divorces, and deaths recorded on registers, certificates, and documents. A copy or an extract of most original records can be purchased from the North Dakota Vital Records State Department of Health or the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Towner County, North Dakota Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Towner County, North Dakota. Page 526 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More