Tracing LDS AncestorsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Key LDS Ancestor Research Links
- Mormon Migration new!
- Early Church Information File (ECIF) free index.
- Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel 1846-1868 free index
- Pioneer Ancestors Search
- Early Latter-day Saints a Mormon Trail Pioneer Database
- WorldVitalRecord LDS databases genealogy, marriages, cemeteries, military, land, and priesthood records
- Fold3.com Utah Territorial Case Files criminal and civil
- Fold3.com Mormon Battalion Pension Files affidavits, letters
- Ancestry.com ($) LDS databases biographies, petitions, military
If your LDS ancestors have been researched before, are they well-documented? Do your family group records show one or more sources of information for each event? Don't just settle for copying someone else's research, cite the evidence that proves it! Careful documentation reduces errors, unwanted duplication, and may help uncover an overlooked ordinance.
The Perpetual Emigration Fund - With the creation of the new Perpetual Education Fund, some members have expressed interest in finding out about their ancestor's participation in the historical Perpetual Emigration Fund. This article will help you discover if your ancestors were assisted by the fund during their immigration to Utah.
New articles that might be of interest in your LDS research:
- Members of the United Brethren Baptized by Wilford Woodruff
- Finding the Source of IGI Batch Numbers
- LDS Family History Suite 2
Did you know?
- The Center for Family History and Genealogy at Brigham Young University has a project devoted to members of the Church who were originally from Wales. http://welshmormon.byu.edu/ seeks to preserve and share information about the early converts to Mormonism in Wales. Its main focus is on those individuals who were involved in the Mormon movement in 19th-century Wales."
- The Tracing Mormon Pioneers website has indexed several sources related to searching for your LDS ancestors. Included on the site is a tutorial that will help walk you through the steps to locating records about your pioneer families. Read the Tracing Mormon Pioneers article for more information.
Some useful websites to get started in searching for information about your LDS ancestors include:
Things you can do
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need to be done. You can help by:
- This page was last modified on 18 October 2015, at 18:26.
- This page has been accessed 39,356 times.