Transylvania County, North Carolina GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This North Carolina-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Transylvania County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
From 1789-1820, there was a boundary dispute between North Carolina and Georgia for a county known as Walton County. It was located in what is now Transylvania County, North Carolina, and the dispute was serious enough that the two states dispatched their militias in what was known as Walton's War. See copy of Map under below collections.
- Greenville County, South Carolina
- Oconee County, South Carolina
- Pickens County, South Carolina
- Walton County, NC - now extinct, disputed county between NC & GA, includes history
Societies and Libraries
Transylvania Genealogical Society, www.transylvaniagenealogy.com
Transylvania Heritage Museum, www.transylvaniaheritage.net
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Transylvania GenWeb Project, http://www.ncgenweb.us/transylvania/home_html/
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).