Trimble County, KentuckyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Trimble County, Kentucky|
Location in the state of Kentucky
Location of Kentucky in the U.S.
|Founded||February 9, 1837|
Trimble County Courthouse
30 Hwy 42 East;
Bedford, KY 40006
1953--A disaster destroyed most records.
|Milton||Mount Pleasant||Trout|| |
African American Research
The following have information concerning African American research.
- African American Marriages in Trimble County ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb (Indexes of two Marriage Books after the Civil War)
- African American Research (US)
- Kentucky Minorities has information specific to Kentucky African Americans.
- the KY African American Griots Project ~ The Kentucky African American Griots Project
- Sandi Gorin's Tips ~ Hangings in Kentucky 1792 - 1900
- KY Biographies ~ Jeff Murphy's Kentucky Biographies Project
Kentucky cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation.
- Trimble County Cemeteries ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb
- Kentucky Historical Society Cemetery Search can be searched by name, place and/or date. This database has hundreds of thousands of names transcribed from gravestones across Kentucky.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Trimble County and links to the information for the individuals buried there,
- Trimble Co. KY USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Trimble County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Trimble County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.=
- Tombstone Transcription Project ~ Partial transcription of cemetery tombstones ~ USGenWeb
- The KY Historical Society’s Cemetery Database
- African American Cemeteries Online ~ Partial index/transcriptions of African American cemeteries
- Cemetery Junction ~ Links to cemetery transcriptions
- Naming the Forgotten ~ Naming the Forgotten - The Eastern State Hospital Project
|Source: "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau.|
1840 Federal Census & Index ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb
1860 Federal Census Index ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb
1870 Federal Census Index ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb
1880 Federal Census Index ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb
1900 Federal Census Index ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb
1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880, 1900, 1910, 1920, and 1930 federal population schedules of Trimble County are available online. For tips on accessing census records online, see Kentucky Census. If you're having trouble finding your ancestors in online indexes, try checking printed indexes. Created by local experts familiar with the area's families, these indexes are often transcribed more accurately than online nationwide indexes.
See Kentucky Population Schedule Indexes: Fiche, Film, or Book for more information about statewide printed indexes.
- USGenWeb Census Project ~ Kentucky Census Transcriptions 1850 - 1930
- The USGenWeb Census Images ~ The USGenWeb Census Images Project
- Kentucky Census Transcriptions ~ The USGenWeb Census Project
- Census Online ~ Census Online
- Kentucky Christian Church Directory ~ ChurchAngel
- Catholic Parishes in the Diocese of Lexington
- Catholic Parishes in the Archdiocese of Louisville
- Trimble County Court Order Book 1 Index ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb
- Trimble County Court Order Book 2 Index ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb
- First County Court, March 27, 1837 ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb
- Abstracts of Early KY Court Cases Abstracts of Early Supreme Court Cases ~ KYGenWeb Special Project
- Kentucky Court of Justice Research & Reference
- [Strother] Owen, Thomas McAdory, "William Strother of Virginia and His Descendants," Publications of the Southern History Association, Vol. 2, No. 1 (Apr. 1898):149-173. Digitized by Internet Archive.
- Archives of Appalachia ~ Preserving the history of the people of Appalachia.
- Military Resources ~ Revolutionary War through Civil War
- Korean War Memorial Korean War Memorial for Soliders from KY ~ KYGenWeb
- Fallen Soldiers in WWI from KY ~ Fallen Soldiers in WWI from Kentucky
- Trimble County, Kentucky Archives Project
- KY Postcards Kentucky Postcards ~ The USGenWeb Archives Penny Postcard Project
- The KYGenWeb Footsteps ~ The Kentucky Footsteps Archives ~ KYGenWeb Special Project
Trimble Democrat 1913 ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb
- Kentucky News - Kentucky Newspaper Index with links
- Another Kentucky Newspaper Index with links
- Kentucky Newspapers on Microfilm - Kentucky Newspapers Available On Microfilm
- KY Footsteps Archives ~ KY Footsteps List Archives - thousands of obituaries here ~ KYGenWeb Project
- KY Obituary Sources ~ Kentucky Obituary Sources ~ Compiled by the KYGenWeb Project
- Links to research and locate obituaries
- USGenWeb Archives Obituary Project ~ Kentucky Obituary Project
- Obituary Depot ~ Kentucky Newspaper Citations
- Obituary Daily Times ~ Citations to over 15,000,000 obituaries including interactive search function
- Nashville Advocate ~ Death Abstracts from the Nashville Christian Advocate
- 1837-1965 - Will Books 1 to 3 (1837-1965) have been digitized by FamilySearch - free.
- Search Tax, Criminal, Land and Wills Records ~ Ancestry.com (subscription)
Trimble County Tax Lists 1837, 1838 & 1839 ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb
1890 Tax Lists of Trimble County ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb
Trimble County Deaths ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb
Trimble County Marriages ~ Trimble Co., KYGenWeb
- The Kentucky Vital Records Project Transcriptions of and Images of KY Death Certificates - A Work in Progress ~ The KY Vital Records Project
- KY Births & Christenings ~ Kentucky Births and Christenings, 1839-1960 Family Search
- KY Deaths & Burials ~ KY Deaths & Burials 1843 - 1970
- KY Marriage Records ~ KY Marriages 1783 - 1979 ~ Family Search
- Searchable KY Vital Records ~ Searchable databases of KY Births, Deaths & Marriages
- Kentucky Marriage Records 1973 - 2000 ~ Kentucky Marriage Records - 1973 - 2000
- KY Divorces 1973 - 1993 ~ Kentucky Divorce Records 1973 - 1993 ~ University of Kentucky Vital Records Databases
- The Social Security Death Index The Social Security Death Index - Searchable
Societies and Libraries
Trimble County Public Library
112 Highway 42 East
Bedford, KY 40006
Phone: (502) 255-7362
Trimble Co Historical Society
c/o Sue Reid
5700 Montfort Lane
Crestwood KY 40014
Family History Centers
- State of Kencucky Website
- Family History Library Catalog
- Trimble County, Kentucky Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Trimble County, Kentucky page 275, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback