Trinity County, TexasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Texas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
The first Anglo-American settler arrived in 1844.
1872,1876--Courthouses and most county records were destroyed by fire in December 1872 and February 1876.
Places / Localities
Apple Springs | Barnes | Glendale | Groveton | Nigton | Nogalus Prairie | Pennington | Trinity | Woodlake
- Trinity County Beginnings, 1986, edited by Patricia B. and Joseph W. Hensley for theTrinity County Book Committee.
- A History of Trinity, 1984, by the Trinity Historical Society.
- A History Of Trinity County Texas, 1827 to 1928, 1966, by Flora Gatlin Bowles. Read the book online from The Portal to Texas History.
- Trinity County History from the Handbook of Texas Online.
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
1914 Map of Angelina, Gregg, Harrison, Cherokee, Houston, Nacogdoches, Panola, Rusk, San Augustine, Shelby, Smith & Trinity at www.rootsweb.com
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
- TEXAS GenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback