Tuolumne County, CaliforniaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 20:56, 5 August 2011 by DiltsGD
18 February 1850: Tuolumne County was created as an original county. County seat: Sonora 
Archives and Libraries
Church History and Records
Land and Property
- California Trail 1844 to 1869 from western Missouri to northern California
- Carson (River) Trail 1848 (aka Mormon Emigrant Trail) crossed the Forty Mile Desert past the west side of the Carson Sink to pick up the Carson River near Fallon, Nevada up to Hope Valley and Red Lake. The Devil's Ladder then climbed 700 feet (210 m) in half a mile so ropes, chains, and pulleys were required to lift the wagons. Carson Pass was followed by the relatively easy West Pass (Kirkwood, California) and then on to Pollock Pines, Placerville, and Sutter's Fort, California
Military History and Records
Societies, Libraries and Museums
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Groveland California Family History Center
- Sonora California Family History Center
- Tuolumne County CAGenWeb
- USGenWeb Archives
- USGenWeb Archives backup site
- FamilySearch Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ National Park Service, "California Trail" (map) in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/upload/CALImap1-web.pdf (accessed 5 August 2011).
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, "California Trail" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Trail (accessed 5 August 2012).
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback