Tyler County, Texas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Texas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Adopted by Tyler County, TXGenWeb
Billy & Carla Clifton
Tyler County Courthouse
100 West Bluff Street
Woodville, Texas 75979
County Clerk has birth records from 1838, marriage
records from 1849, death and burial records from
1903, probate records from 1845 and land records
from 1846; District Clerk has divorce and court records
In 1841, Tyler County was originally organized as Menard District, a judical division; however, when the Texas Supreme Court declared these districts illegal, Congress created Tyler County.
Places / Localities
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Woodville 1996 City Directory from Historic Map Works.
- Colmesneil, Texas Sanborn Fire Insurance Map 1904
- Woodville, Texas Sanborn Fire Insurance Map 1904 & 1909 Scroll down the page until you get to Woodville. There are several sheets to each map.
- Tyler County 1897 Map from Historic Map Works.
- Tyler County Maps: 1858 1863 1882 from the Portal to Texas History.
- Tyler County General Highway Map 1940
- Tyler County General Highway Map 1961
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 Texas, Death Index, 1964-1998 (FamilySearch Historical Records) Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- TXGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Tyler County, Texas. Page 675 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).