Tyrrell County, North Carolina GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Tyrrell County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
Tyrrell County Courthouse
403 Main Street PO box 417
Columbia NC 27925
Register of Deeds has birth and death records from 1913
marriage records 1862 and land records
Clerk Superior Court has divorce records, probate records from 1730
and court records from 1900
County seat history - Courthouse on Kendricks Cree (1751); Home of Bejamin Spruill (1774-1776); Courthouse on Scuppernog River (1777-1799); and present Columbia.
Some of the early records are missing.
For tips on accessing Tyrrell County, North Carolina Genealogy census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- Pre-1790 - Pre-1790 Tyrrell County, North Carolina Genealogy Wills stored at the North Carolina State Archives are online - free. Website tips.
- 1744-1961 - Will Books 1 to 5 (1744-1961) have been digitized by FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Tyrrell County, North Carolina. Page 513 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This North Carolina-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.