Union County, Indiana GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Union County, Indiana|
Location of Indiana in the U.S.
|Founded||January 5, 1821|
|Address|| Union County Courthouse |
26 W Union Street
Liberty, IN 47353
Union County Website
February 1903 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Burned Counties Research in FamilySearch Wiki
- Michael John Neill, Burned Counties in Family History Circle
Union County, Indiana Resources
- Cemeteries of Union County USGenWeb
- Fosdick Funeral Home Records: 1915-1971: Courtesy of the Union County Public Library Website
For tips on accessing Union County, Indiana Genealogy census records online, see: Indiana Census.
- Index to Defective, Dependent & Delinquent Census for Union County ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Members of Dunlapsville Presbyterian Church, Liberty Township (1829-1912) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Directory of Businesses in Union County (1858, 1868) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic and Religious Groups
- Biographical and Genealogical History of Wayne, Fayette, Union and Franklin Counties, Indiana. (Indianapolis, Ind: Frederic Luther Co, 1980).977.26 H2b977.26 H2b v. 2 FHL US/CAN Book FHL Collectionother libraries vol. 1 INTERNET ARCHIVE
- History of Union County Likpendium
Land and Property
Maps and GazetteersLinkpendium
War of 1812
Civil War service men from Vermillion County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Vermillion County.
- 3rd Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company F
- 9th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company D
- 15th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company I
- 36th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company G
- 84th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company C
- 105th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies B and D
- 147th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company C
- 148th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies F and F
- 152nd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company D
World War I
World War II
Naturalization and Citizenship
Union County Courthouse
26 W Union Street
Liberty, IN 47353
Clerk Circuit Court has marriage, divorce, probate and court records from 1821.
County Health Department has birth records from 1882 and death records from 1907.
Family History Centers
- Indiana State Digital Archives for Death, E-Publication, Institution, Military, Misc Historical, Naturalization Records can be searched by person name (accessed 26 May 2011)
- Indiana Marriages, 1802-1892-Ancestry.con $
- Indiana Marriages, 1780-1992-https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/show#uri=http://www.familysearch.org/searchapi/search/collection/1674830 FamilySearch]
- Indiana Marriage, 1811-1959-FamilySearch
- Indiana, Death Index, 1882-1920 - FamilySearch
Union County, Indiana Web Sites
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Union County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
Union County, Indiana References
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Union County, Indiana 217 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
|This Indiana-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More