User:BakerBHEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Barbara H. Baker, AG
Barbara has worked at the Family History Library for twenty-eight years as a British Research Consultant. In that position, she has taught many library patron classes. Barbara is currently the Patron Services Manager for the British research area of the library.
Bachelor of Arts in Family and Community History, Brigham Young University, 1996 -- emphasis in English research.
Barbara is accredited by ICAPGen in English research (1988-present) and in Scottish research (2010-present) as an AG professional.
For many years Barbara was the chief contributer to a Family History Library resource known as the "Scottish Church Records Union List," which is a guide to church records of Scotland existing prior to 1855 when government or civil registration began. With the help of volunteers, Barbara has made the union list now available in the FamilySearch Wiki. For more information about this resource, go to the Wiki article on the Scotland Church Records Union List.
In addition, Barbara is a regular contributor of English and Scottish content to the Wiki and served as team lead for the addition of English probate information to the Wiki.
In addition to her work at the Family History Library, Barbara has lectured in British research and other subjects at numerous family history conferences over the years including:
- Genealogy and Family History Conferences, Brigham Young University
- Family History Expos
- The British Institute of the International Society for British Genealogy and Family History
- The Salt Lake Institute of the Utah Genealogical Association
- The National Genealogical Society's annual conference
- The XXVII International Congress of Genealogical and Heraldic Sciences, St. Andrews, Scotland, August 2006
- Online instructor for Pharos Teaching and Tutoring, Ltd.
- Presentations on Scottish research at the 13th Australasian Congress on Genealogy and Heraldry, Adelaide, Australia, 28-31 March 2012.
- Presentation on FamilySearch.org to the staff of the Genealogy Centre at the State Library of Victoria, Melbourne, Australia, 23 March 2012.
- Presentation on Scottish church records, at the Genealogical Society of Victoria, Melbourne, 23 March 2012.
- Scottish Research Seminar, the W.I.S.E. Family History Society, Denver, 15 Oct 2011
[Subject of your problem]
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback