User:Batsondl/Sandbox 4Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 21:11, 11 February 2013 by Batsondl
Finding United States Birth Records
About United States Birth Records
- Most states began recording births between 1900 and 1930, but they started in different years.
- Restrictions: Births after 1900 often have restrictions on who can see them. Each state has its own laws. One state may have births for some years available to everyone while other states may limit access to relatives.
- New England states started recording births on the town level starting as early as the first residents of the town.
- Some Midwest states began recording births on the county level as early as the 1860s.
How to Start: Where Did the Birth Occur?
To find a birth record, choose the state the birth occurred:
- What if you don't know the state? — Go to Estimating Birth Information