User:Batsondl/Sandbox 5Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Frequently Asked Questions about United States Birth Records
Finding United States Birth Records FAQs about U.S. Birth Records
How do I find my ancestor’s birth record?
- Check online indexes and digital images
- Check repositories, such as archives and libraries (FHL)
- Obtain certificate from the government agency ($$)
Why would I want to search for a birth record?
- May give the exact date and place where the child was born
- May indicate where the parents were born
- Help you extend a generation to the parents of the child.
What information does a birth record include?
Information gathered by state and county officials differs from each state. Generally the following was included:
- Name of child
- Birth date and place of child
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name including maiden
- Birthplaces of parents
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback