User:BrissonBanksCVEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Claire V. Brisson-Banks, B.S., MLIS, APG, A.G.®3-11 and 12-?. She lectures on a large variety of topics concentrating on various localities as well as the youth and the latest technology tools. She designed a step by step guide for learning the new Web 2.0 technologies for all who wish to expand and extend their research. She loves spending time with her family, reading, and writing.
- Masters in Library and Information Science (2010)
- San Jose State University, San Jose, CA
- Bachelors: Computer Information Science (2003)
- Roger Williams University, Bristol, RI
- Associates: Community College of RI (1999)
- Warwick, RI
Accredited Genealogists® in Mountain States: 2012-Present
Accredited Genealogists® in England: 2008-Present
ICAPGEN, Salt Lake City, UT
- Sr. Research Consultant and Technology Specialist, Family History Library: 2008 - present
- Sr. Staff Information Services Specialist, Family History Library: 2006-2008
- Administrator for FHL Facebook Fan Page: 2009-present
- US/Canada Research Consultant, Family History Library: May, 2005 - Nov., 2005
- FHL Intern Coordinator: 2008-present
- Family History Director, Providence, RI Family History Center: 1988-2003
- Maintains own business, Timeless Genealogies: 2005-present
- Chair-Elect for ULA (Utah Library Association) Genealogy Round Table Committee:2012
- Commissioner for ICAPGen (International Commission for the Accreditation of Professional Genealogists) 2010-present
- Collections Chair for CCLA: 2010-2011
- Collections Chair-Elect for CCLA: 2009-2010
- Collections Committee Member for CCLA (Consortium of Church Libraries & Archives) 2008-present
- UGA Crossroads Committee Member: 2008-present
- 2nd Vice-President for UGA: 2007-2008
- Board Member for UGA (Utah Genealogical Association): 2004-2008
Lecturer and Presenter at the following locations:
- Massachusetts Genealogy Council: July 21, 2012, Waltham, MA
- Empty Nesters Group: April 19, 2012, Herberville, UT
- BYU: April Fireside: April 15, 2012, Provo, UT
- Legacy Online Lecture Series: April 2, 2010, Provo, UT at 12 noon MST
- SecondLife Online British Reference Series: Every Tuesday evening in March in Wollah for "Just Genealogy"
- Orem Family History Fair, Mar. 17, 2012, Orem, UT
- South Davis Family History Fair, Mar 2-3, 2012
- Montery Family History Seminar, Monerey, CA, January 28, 2012
- Library 2.011 Worldwide Virtual Conference, November 2 - 4, 2011 (Online Conference)
- SORT2011, Oct. 11-12, 2011, University of Utah, SLC, UT
- UGA Annual Conference, Aug. 19-20, 2011
- BYU Education Week: Aug. 15-19, 2011
- Riverton FHC, July, 2011
- Scotland Series, FHL, June, 2011
- Who Do You Think You Are?, Olympia, London, Feb, 2011
- RootsTech Conference, SLC, UT, Feb., 2011
- ICAPGen Annual Conference, Oct., 2010
- Ogden Family History Conference, Sept, 2010
- BYU Conferences: 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006
- Genealogy & Family Heritage Jamboree: 2006
- International Conference on Jewish Genealogy: 2007
- Salt Lake Instititute of Genealogy (SLIG): 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, 2005
- South Davis Family History Fair: 2012, 2007, 2006
- UGA Conferences: 2008, 2006
- Various local conferences in RI, MA, CT, MN, UT: 1991-Present
- The Social Media Guide for Ancestral Research: Using Web 2.0 Strategies, Feb. 2011
- Journal of the British Isles Family History Society - U.S.A., 2010
- "Scottish Highlanders in America"
- Library Management Journal: Issue 4/5 2010
- "Managing change and transitions: a comparison of different models and their commonalities"
- UGA Crossroads: Various Issues from 2006-Present
- "News from the Professionals"
- "Window on the Library"
- "Scottish Highlanders in America"
- "Famly Time Capsules"
- Links A Home Schooling Publication: September, 2007
- "Family Time Capsules often contain Family Treasures"
- Everton's Genealogical Helper: Nov/Dec 2005
- "The Genes in Genealogy"
- Are Your Ancestors Frozen in Time?
- Attacking those BrickWalls
- Canadian Research
- Canadian Online Research
- Canadian Census Records
- Canadian Church Records
- England Civil Registration
- Finding those Ancestors " A Beginner's Guide"
- France: Archives, Jurisdictions, and Record Availability
- Getting Your Book Published
- Harnessing Cloud Technology to Expand & Extend your Family Tree (1)
- Impact of Technology on Genealogy & Family History (2)
- Internet Research
- LDS Research
- Libraries: Portals to Your Ancestral Past
- New England Research
- Scottish Church Records & Indexes
- Scotish Highlanders in America
- Scotland: Online Resources
- Scotland: Records of Property & Inheritance
- Scotland: Research Strategies
- The Hidden Resources of FamilySearch.org
- The Perfect Social Media: Family History & Genealogy
- The Pursuit from Genealogy Hobbyist to Professional
- The Quest for Your English Ancestors
- Using Technology to Involve Children in Family History & Genealogy
- Why Family History?
(1) This class is very technology and aimed at programmers
(2) This class has been replaced with "The Perfect Social Media: Family History & Genealogy"
American-French Genealogical Society, Woonsocket, RI
American Library Association, Chicago, IL
Cambridge Family History Society, Cambridge, England
Society of Genealogists, London, England
Tay Valley Family History Society, Dundee, Scotland
Utah Genealogical Association, Salt Lake City, UT
Delicious: Internet Social Bookmarking