User:Carolbmoss/Sandbox:Recipe 7 DartEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Find family members in the U.S. Census records.
It is often necessary to search several censuses to find and prove relationships.
- Establish the parents and children of this family in the earliest censuses where they can be found.
- Always look at the original record, not just the index or transcript.
Step 2. Search for your ancestor in the 1880 U.S. Census.
- Look for married children with a parent living with them by searchng for the parent's name.
Tip: Parents are often found in the census records living with their married children. It is a good way to substantiate relationships and find additional family members.
Step 3: Add new information to Family Tree.
- Add any newly found family members to the Family Tree.
- Be sure and check for any possible duplicates found in the Family Tree.
- Prepare temple work by clicking on green arrows found in the Tree and follow the directions on the page.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News