User:Carolbmoss/Sandbox:Recipe 8 WynnEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 02:17, 2 February 2013 by Carolbmoss
Find family members in the England and Wales Census records.
It is often necessary to search several censuses to find and prove relationships.
Step 1. Search for your ancestor in the 1881 England and Wales Census
- Establish the parents and children of this family in the earliest censuses where they can be found.
- Always look at the original record, not just the index or transcript.
Step 2. Search for your ancestor in the 1891 England and Wales Census.
- Look for changes in the family and additional family members that have been added since the previous census.
Tip: Some children may have be added to the family while some may have died or left the family since the previous census.
Step 3: Add new information to Family Tree.
- Add any newly found family members to the Family Tree.
- Be sure and check for any possible duplicates found in the Family Tree.
- Prepare temple work by clicking on green arrows found in the Tree and follow the directions on the page.