User:DsammyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
for Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island and Luxembourg in Europe. Assist the moderator for Germany/Deutschland.
David Samuelsen is a long time family history researcher (35+ years).
- Worked in past for the AIS, AISI and AGES. Owns genealogy business named SAMPUBCO.
- Is a long time volunteer member of The USGenWeb Project and The WorldGenWeb Project. County coordinator of Baker and Grant Counties, Oregon and Sevier County, Utah. Also is country coordinator of Germany and Luxembourg as well as Regional Coordinator of The CenEuroGenWeb Project, supervising several countries in northern Europe.
- Gave lectures in American Sign Language for the deaf (since 1997.)
- Direct email address: dsam52 at sampubco dot com
Enough with that....
- Ancestors came from diverse places.
- Denmark straight to Utah
- Scotch-Irish to Pennsylvania and Virginia
- Baden, Saarland and Posen, Germany to Pennsylvania and Wisconsin
- England to Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts
- French Walloons to New York. They were first settlers (Vigne/Vinje)
- Dutch to New York
- Norway to New York
- Scotland to Virginia
Redirects and Bad Urls
- What are the bad redirects and what are the good redirects? They are quite the opposite.
- A bad redirect has an originating page that has a bad url such as "Benton County,Oregon" (note the missing space), leading to "Benton County, Indiana" (this got everything right - except it is wrong resulting page.)
- A good redirect has an originating good url, Prussia or Preußen to a single uniform form - Preussen, - or in some places a redirect "King County, New York" to "Brooklyn, New York" or "King (Brooklyn) County, New York" to "Brooklyn, New York".
A bad url: Sardinia(Sardegna) A good url: Sardinia a redirect: Sardegna to Sardinia
Never assume everybody know the name in local language every time. It is ok to list the local spellng of the name in the content, but never in the url.
Remember that the first-most responsibility is to keep things in English first.
I will write about how to create a good url at another time. dsammy 03:41, 20 September 2008 (UTC)
New Resource Sites to Add
http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/digkonyv/topo/3felmeres.htm http://worldvitalrecords.com - for SSDI filtered localities and WebTree filtered locations.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback