User:DunnPBEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
File:Jpg Phillip Dunn, B.A. (British Local History), A.G.®, APG
Phillip a professional genealogist with nearly 30 years professional experience in genealogical research procedures and is experienced heir-tracer, for major corporations. The son of English parentage, he has lived and studied in the UK, and specializes in London, military, British subjects abroad, Huguenot, Lancashire, West Midland, and England big city research.
- Bachelors: British Local History, BYU (1983)
Minor: Public Relations & Organizational Communications/Pipe Organ Pedagogy
Accredited Genealogist® in England: 1983-Present Accredited Genealogist® in Scotland: 2007-present Work towards AG® in Ireland, late 2010 ICAPGEN, Salt Lake City, UT
- Sr. Research Consultant, British Research Unit, The Family History Library: 1998-present
- Sr. Project Manager, Family Records Extraction 1993-1998 [England 1851, Canadian 1881 censuses, Temple Ordinance Index, 1880 US census, Ellis Island Index projects]
- Family History Center Support Specialist over British Isles and (old) Commonwealth countries, N. Europe and South Pacific FHCs 1992
- British Correspondence Specialist 1982-1991
- Reference Consultant, British Reference Unit, Family History Library: 1979-1991
- Reference Consultant, US/Canada: 1977-1979
- Extraction Director: England 1851 census
Lecturer and Presenter at the following locations:
- BYU Family History Conferences: 2008, 2007, 2005, 2004, etc.
- BYU Education Week
- FFHS Annual Conference on British Genealogy: 2004
- BYU Computer Genealogy Conference: April, 2010
- Featured Speaker, "The London Workshop", Toronto, Ont. Chapt OGS: Nov 2008
- Utah Valley University, Continuing Education, Genealogy Instructor: 2002-2010
- Guest Presenter, the St Augustine, FL Genealogical Society, British Gen Fair, Nov 2007
- Family History Expos: Salt Lake City 2009, Mesa AZ 2010, Sheridan, WY 2009
- Generations Project (KBYU TV): March 14th segment, 2010)
- Journal of the British Isles Family History Society - U.S.A., 2009
- "Scottish Highlanders in America"
- Library Managerment Journal: Issue 4/5 2010
- "Managing change and transitions: a comparison of different models and their commonalities"
- UGA Crossroads: Various Issues from 2006-Present
- "Web-Chat" plus many articles
- Links A Home Schooling Publication: September, 2007
- "Family Time Capsules often contain Family Treasures"
- Everton's Genealogical Helper: Nov/Dec 2005
- "The Genes in Genealogy"
- Are Your Ancestors Frozen in Time?
- Attacking those BrickWalls
- Canadian Research
- Finding those Ancestors " A Beginner's Guide"
- Impact of Technology on Genealogy & Family History
- In Search of Your English Ancestors
- Internet Research
- LDS Research
- New England Research
- The Perfect Social Media: Family History & Genealogy
- Using Technology to Involve Children in Family History & Genealogy
- Why Family History?
American-French Genealogical Society, Woonsocket, RI
American Library Association, Chicago, IL
Cambridge Family History Society, Cambridge, England
Tay Valley Family History Society, Dundee, Scotland
Utah Genealogical Association, Salt Lake City, UT
Blogger: Who will tell their stories?
Delicious: Internet Booking