User:GreeneJREdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Master of Business Administration 1982, The Pennsylvania State University
Bachelor of Arts, Spanish 1980, Brigham Young University
Bachelor of Science, Business Management, Brigham Young University
- Marketing Manager, FamilySearch. January 2010 - Present
- Product Manager, FamilySearch. December 2002 - January 2010
- Director Product Management, Small Business Products, Novell, Inc. 2000-2002
- Director Certification Programs, Novell Education, Novell, Inc. 1997-2000
- Product Marketing Manager, NetWare, Novell, Inc. 1992-1997
- Systems Engineer, IBM Corporation 1987-1992
- Financial Analyst, IBM Corporation 1982-1987
Jim is currently a Marketing Manager for FamilySearch. He is responsible for communicating the features and processes of FamilySearch products and offerings to users worldwide. He works closely with Family History Consultants, Area Advisers and the FamilySearch support organization all over the world.
He joined FamilySearch to work on the new FamilySearch project. He led the preliminary research phase where Product Managers traveled throughout the world interviewing people to help understand their family history needs. He continues to work to bring out FamilySearch Products by ensuring that messaging and training is directed to appropriate audiences.
Jim is an avid bicyclist, and commutes daily to downtown SLC on his bike from his home in Sandy, UT. Jim and his wife Charity have 4 children and 1 grandchild.
- FGS 2007, Fort Wayne, IN. "New FamilySearch and the Common Pedigree"
- FGS 2009, Little Rock, AR. "The FamilySearch Research Wiki"
- NGS 2010, Salt Lake City, UT. "The Power of Community and the Web 2.0: Tools to Foster Collaboration and Community" Click Here for the Syllabus
- NGS 2010, Salt Lake City, UT. "FamilySearch and its Unique Role in the Genealogical Community" Click here for the Syllabus