User:HardestyPN/Sandbox Births West VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
West Virginia Birth Records
INSTRUCTIONS: There are many restrictions to making births available in the 1900s because of privacy laws in each state. One state may have some available to the public and some may have limited access to living relatives.
Statewide registration of births and deaths began in 1917 in West Virginia and was generally complied with by 1925. The counties have copies of these records.
The current law for the state registration of births in West Virginia is a restriction on births to only immediate family members for births within the last 100 years. However, the counties of West Virginia also recorded birth records and their records are online up to 1930.
- Born before 1863 – go to: Births before 1863
- Between 1863 to 1930 – go to: Births between 1863 to 1930
- Between 1931 to 1969 – go to: Births between 1931 to 1969
- Between 1969 to the present – go to: Births between 1969 to the present
- I don't know – go to: Estimating birth information
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback