User:IsonJEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 22:37, 31 March 2010 by BrissonBanksCV
James L. Ison, AG, CG
- Master of Science: George Washington University: Emphasis: Computer Systems Administration
- Bachelor of Arts: University of South Carolina: Emphasis: International Relations
- Accredited Genealogist in Mid-South 2007
- International Commission for the Accreditation of Professional Genealogists (ICAPGen)
- Certified Genealogist 2008
- Board for Certification of Genealogists (BCG)
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, Covey Leadership Center, 1994-2003
- Management courses, University of Phoenix, 2003-2004
- Path of Dialogue, PRAXIS/Vitality Alliance, 1997-1998
- Advanced Methodology and Evidence Analysis, Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research, 2005
- Research in the South Part I, Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research, 2006
- Producing a Quality Family Narrative, Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy, 2010
- Association of Professional Genealogists (APG), Trustee, 2010-2011
- ICAPGen, Mentor, 2010
- Salt Lake Utah Chapter APG, President, 2009
- Salt Lake Utah Chapter APG, Vice-President, 2008
- John Parker Historical Society, Trustee, 2004-2006
- National Underground Railroad Freedom Center, Director FamilySearch Center, 2004-2005
- Afro-American Historical and Genealogical Society (AAHGS): 2008, 2006, 2005
- Brigham Young University Family History Conference: 2008
- Federation of Genealogical Societies: 2010
- ICAPGen: 2009
- International Black History Summit: 2009
- NARA IV Black History Symposium: 2010, 2009
- National Genealogical Society: 2010
- National Underground Railroad Freedom Center: 2008, 2005
- Northern California Roots Simulcast: 2005
- Northern Kentucky University Borderlands III: 2005
- Utah Genealogical Association: 1998
- Fugitive Slave Act and Underground Railroad
- GPS—Finding Your Way Through Tough Research Problems
- Have AG, Why CG
- Migration Patterns: An Alternative for Locating African Origins
- Using the Genealogical Proof Standard for African American Research
- Courage, Cooperation, and Perseverance,” Crossroads, (Utah Genealogical Association, March 2008).
- Discover Your Family's History, (Cincinnati: National Underground Railroad Freedom Center, 2005).
- Elijah Moore, Sr. Family of Anderson County, South Carolina, 1996.
- “How to utilize modern technology to enhance family history research,” Church News, June 20, 1998.
- "Major League Mormons," This People, Fall 1991.
- Mormons in the Major Leagues: Career Histories of 44 LDS Players (Cincinnati: Action Sports, 1991).
- Where in the World Are Your Ancestors, 1998.
- Clayton Norlen, “Connecting to African Roots,” Deseret News, February 8, 2009.
- Family Tree Magazine, "A Center for Freedom--and Family History," February 2005.
- http://homeandholidays.com/jesus-loved-children/ October 30, 2009
- Jenny Manglesdorf, "Putting Performance on the Line," CSC World, Fall 1987.
- John Johnston, “Finding your family: Freedom Center helps hundreds see their past,” The Cincinnati Enquirer, February 1, 2005.
- Karen Vance, “Church offers genealogy help at museum site,” The Cincinnati Enquirer, August 13, 2005.
- Lex Hemphill, "Mormons Make a Dent in Majors," Salt Lake Tribune, July 28, 1991.
- Rebecca M. Taylor, “Finding Ancestors, Uniting a Ward,” Ensign, July 2006.
- Thomas S. Monson, “First Presidency Message: Precious Children, a Gift from God,” Ensign, June 2000.
- Thomas S. Monson, “Precious Children, a Gift from God,” Ensign, November 1991.
- FamilySearch Marketing, 2009 to present—complete market research projects.
- FamilySearch Patron Services, 2006 to present—complete planning, surveying, and reporting projects at the Family History Library and worldwide support.
- Provident Bank, Senior Vice President for Applications Development—directed development and maintenance of business applications.
- Keane, Engagement Program Manager—directed application outsourcing contracts at Great American Insurance Company.
- Keane, Director of Staffing and Employee Development—directed resourcing, utilization, and professional development.
- Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC), Operations Manager—co-managed consulting and systems integration practice for Ohio.
- CSC, Center Director—managed CSC’s largest commercial contract with AT&T.
- CSC, Deputy Program Manager—co-managed nationwide contracts at EPA.
- CSC, Operations Director—directed one of NASA’s largest computational centers.
Recommended General Business Books
- Black Roots by Tony Burroughs
- Finding a Place Called Home by Dee Parmer Woodtor
- Genealogists Guide to Discovering African American Ancestors by Franklin Smith and Emily Croom
- Mississippi to Africa by Melvin J. Collier
- Slave Ancestral Research, It' Something Else by Mary Fears
- Somerset Homecoming by Dorothy Spruill Redford
Recently Read Business Books
- 33 Million People in the Room by Juliette Powell
- Brand Jam by Marc Gobe
- Delivering Profitable Value by Michael Lanning
- Driving Results Through Social Networks by Rob Cross and Robert Thomas
- Groundswell by Charlene Li and Josh Bernoff
- Inbound Marketing by Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shahr
- Linchpin by Seth Godin
- What Would Google Do? By Jeff Jarvis
Other Recommended Reading
- Albion's Seed by David Fischer
- His Promised Land edited by Stuart Sprague
- Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- The Nine by Jeffrey Toobin
- The World Is Flat by Thomas Friedman